We are the Care Network!
The Care Network is designed to serve as the pastoral care arm of FCBC. It is made up of designated lay mental health leaders, whose main function is to keep a pulse on the needs of the congregation and those who serve.
To provide intentional and attentive caring resources to FCBC members and Harlem residents in the forms of prayer, non-judgmental presence, and mental health support. We utilize trained volunteers, helpful resources, and professional counselors.
To become a world-renowned leader in congregational care, through serving members in FCBC and the greater Harlem community. The Care network is currently comprised of the Diaconate Ministry, the Presence Project, Sacred Union, Celebrate HOPE Recovery, and The HOPE Center.
For more information, email us at email@example.com
The Deacons are ordained spiritual leaders of FCBC. They are prayer warriors who visit the sick and those confined to their homes.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, call
(212) 864 5976 ext.16 or visit at 6pm on Tuesdays before TNT.
To request prayer, provide notification of the sick/shut-in
- Call: Please contact the Deacons at 212.864.5976 (ext. 16)
- In Person: Every Tuesday before TNT in the Sanctuary (6PM).
- By Email: Email Requests to email@example.com
- Written Requests: Drop a prayer request card In the box (located right outside of the sanctuary)
Presence Project members are designated lay mental health workers of FCBC. Members are empowered caregivers trained in a variety of evidence-based therapeutic interventions to support those who are hurting. Contact: Min. Kim Arango, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Celebrate Life Recovery Ministry at FCBC started in 2004. It is modeled after the Celebrate Recovery Program that is used in churches across the country. Its goal was to prepare people to be molded by God for God’s purpose. In 2013, we began the next chapter of our ministry by transforming our mission statement and renaming the ministry HOPE, Helping Other People Evolve.
To help those who are struggling with Hurts, Habits, and Hang-ups. Step out on faith and into God’s grace. “You can’t heal a wound by saying it’s not there.” - Jeremiah 6:14
We meet at these times in the Fellowship Hall:
- Friday 7pm to 8:30pm is our Women’s 12 Step study group
- Friday 7pm to 8:30pm our Men & women * principle group/ open & share
Email us at HOPE@fcbcnyc.org
Sacred Union provides pre-marital guidance counseling for couples entering into marriage. They cover topics such as conflict resolution, intimacy, financial management, communication and much more
Contact: Sharon Spence email@example.com
Congrats on your Big Day!
Tell us more about the wedding (Fill out Form) and take note of the items below.
In order to get married at FCBC or with an FCBC Pastor, you are required to complete Premarital Guidance Group Sessions!
Sessions are on Wednesdays in April 2020, check out our schedule Below!
- April 1st, 6:00pm - 8:00pm (fee collection + session)
- April 8th, 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- April 15th, 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- April 22nd, 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Please note: If you are interested in attending FCBC’s Premarital Guidance Group Sessions but are NOT getting married at FCBC, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important FAQS to know about weddings officiated by FCBC:
- There are no weddings held in the months of July and December at FCBC or offsite.
- There are NO weddings conducted on Sundays.
- No weddings will be held on major holidays such as and not limited to: Christmas, 4th of July, New Year's, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, or any religious holiday (i.e. Good Friday or Resurrection).
- No weddings/dates/ fees are confirmed until the contract is signed and deposits are made.
- There is no guarantee on specific Pastors/Officiant and subject to change according to availability and circumstances.
- You DO NOT have to be a member of FCBC to utilize one of FCBC’s Pastors
Additional fees may be incurred on a varying basis:
- Destination weddings: Fees & Costs for Officiants are at the couple's expense. This includes travel, lodging, and food.
- Please note that fees will be collected for musicians, officiant, video camera operators, etc. and will be discussed prior to confirmation.
- Any fees associated with your wedding are different and separate from Tithes, Donations, and Love Offerings
- Once confirmed you will be assigned a Lead Facilitator to assist you with the process (contract signing, payments, rehearsal/ wedding day, and any questions, answers, or concerns)
- Yes, there are different fees for members. Fees will be discussed prior to confirmation.
The HOPE (Healing On Purpose and Evolving) Center is the manifestation of Senior Pastor Michael A. Walrond’s vision, to effectively support the vast mental health needs of the parishioners of First Corinthian Baptist Church, and the Harlem community at large.