Title: Digital Content Creator
Videographer + Video Editor
Purpose: Assisting Production + Creative Teams with functions relating to organizational wide duties in videography, video editing, production and media related tasks.
Description: The Digital Content Creator is a storyteller responsible for producing video content designed for distribution on FCBC digital media platforms.
Position Status: Part Time Position, 25 hours per week
How to Apply: Submit your resume + portfolio of related work to email@example.com
General Responsibilities & Duties:
- Independently create timely/relevant video content using raw camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects for our worship experiences, social media (including vertical stories), digital spaces (website + mobile app), concerts, and more
- Shooting and editing video promotional content into a suitable finished product ready for airing
- Responsible for organizing video request shooting workflow and campaign calendar
- Responsible for organizing footage and sound files while building and managing video library
- Responsible for recommending purchases and/or renting equipment when needed
- Coordinate with the Comms and Media Director, Digital Content Manager, and Creative Teams on best practices for display and distribution of content
- Properly prioritize production of content and ensure all has a consistent "feel," and is engaging, accurate, informative and current on all platforms
- Knowledge of creating visual motion graphics and effects
- Possess minimum knowledge of creating and designing graphics
- Attend weekly/monthly planning meetings
- All other duties as assigned
Tools or Systems Experience:
- Strong knowledge of operating DSLR, and Mirrorless Video Cameras
- Editing Platforms and Software (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier) or equivalent
- Knowledge of project management systems such as Asana, Trello, and Slack
- Expert skills operating a camera and editing video high quality, compelling audio and video content using softwares such as Final Cut Pro X, or Adobe Premiere. Any experience with motion design and animation using Adobe After Effects is a plus.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
Requirements Skills, and Knowledge
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- 3+ years of professional experience gained working in a fast-paced environment or in-house marketing environment developing storyboards for video, designing, and editing short and long form video content for web, social, and/or corporate marketing
- Must be able to ideate with a creative team.
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail
- Work cooperatively and effectively with staff, leaders and volunteers
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, plus holidays on a case by case basis.