Title: Communications and Media Director | APPLY TODAY
Purpose: To develop and grow the global digital community, while amplifying the storytelling and voice of FCBC through creative content and hybrid experiences. The CMD’S overall goal is to advance the broader vision of FCBC through the distribution of information, resources, conversations and more.
Description: The Communications and Media Director is responsible for enhancing the digital presence and community of FCBC through a mix of creative, technical and analytical strategies. This role will serve as a liaison between the Executive Leadership Team and Communications and Media Department, while supervising all staff, teams and volunteers. Recruitment, training, and mentorship, while working cross-functionally with staff and contractors, are also required within this role.
Position Status: Full-Time Position with paid benefits
General Responsibilities & Duties:
- Oversee creation and distribution of integrated marketing and communications efforts that amplify events and worship experiences, social media platforms, digital spaces (website, mobile app, email), virtual and in-house productions, and more
- Supervise the communications and media department by managing staff, volunteers and vendors within the Creative and Production Teams
- Maintain the operation, maintenance, repair and safeguarding of all audio/visual media and technology equipment, projection and sound equipment
- Ensure experiences and events held within all facilities are able to utilize technology efficiently, effectively, and strategically, in order to provide the ultimate experience to those attending
- Support the Digital Content Manager with creative requests (graphics and videos) from internal departments and external organizations for promotional efforts, special events and more
- Establish the correct use of FCBC branding and curate written and oral communication for all internal and external correspondences
- Monitor the performance of all digital and social platforms, making necessary adjustments to ensure maximum reach, impact and performance
- Work with website, mobile app and digital vendors on the creation of design concepts using standard HTML/CSS practices and coding
- Manage any press and media requests for FCBC, the Pastoral Team and special events
- Conduct a final review of all content before deployment, ensuring all assets meet/exceed the overall brand standards and deliver a cohesive visual language through an aesthetically pleasing product
- Prepare and submit annual budget proposals to the FCBC Business Manager for review and approval, as well as manage all communications related to budget line items and timely processing of billings and invoices
- Recommend purchases and propose creative solutions often and when needed
- Lead and guide weekly/monthly planning meetings
- Regularly report on the status and progress of on-going projects and those in development
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
Tools or Systems Experience:
- Strong knowledge and working experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Final Cut, Premiere, etc.) or equivalent design and video editing tools
- Strong knowledge and experience with audio and sound production, stage management, etc.
- Knowledge of project management systems such as Asana, Trello, Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Google Drive, Dropbox and Slack
- Knowledge of Macintosh devices, production equipment (lighting, audio and video), etc.
- Any experience in PR/Communications, IT and Executive Leadership is a huge plus
Requirements Skills, and Knowledge:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- 8+ years of professional experience gained working in a fast-paced agency environment (or in-house communications/marketing environment), executing integrated marketing campaigns while leading departments and multiple teams
- Must be able to ideate with a creative team and build clear, innovative concepts from scratch to reach a broad range of audiences
- Possess strong knowledge of social media best practices, cultural trends and amplification methods
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail
- Work cooperatively and effectively with staff, leaders and volunteers
- Maintain an interest in keeping up with cultural, design and production trends
- Abide by, uphold and support FCBC goals and objectives, policies and procedures
- Familiarity with FCBC and the nature of its community, vision and mission, as well as The HOPE Center and The Dream Center
- Possess personal integrity and self-motivation in the fulfillment of faith-based impact initiatives
- Occasional training and continuing education for job related responsibilities will be encouraged
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, plus holidays on a case by case basis.