Photography and Videography Intern
Lights! Camera! Action! Can you capture the moment to create engaging visuals? Can you create stories and promotional videos? The Photography and Videography Intern's job is just that. Their goal is to assist the Communications Department with all functions as it storytelling through imagery.
Social Media Curator Intern
Do you love social media? Are you organized and have an eye for creativity? The Social Media Curator Intern's job is to assist the Communications Department with all functions as it relates to organization-wide website, social media platforms, creative and media related duties.
YOURtern (Media Internship) Benefits
The Communications & Media Department (CMD) internships provide opportunities for students to acquire new skills and gain experience working with experts in the field of Multimedia Tech. This experience provides interns with the skills necessary to compete for positions within the real world and even in the private sector. Applicants are not restricted by G.P.A. or academic focus requirements but are encouraged to focus on school work and will be terminated from the internship if it distracts from school work –
this is not applicable for those whom have already graduated High School and/or College/University. This unpaid internship program also provides opportunities to network with those in the community and congregation – their work could possibly be streamed nationally, and globally. In addition, some colleges and universities give academic credit for the participation in an internship. College Students must provide the Communications Director with forms upon entry of the program to receive college credit if applicable.
How to Apply
Internship opportunities are available throughout the year. Applications are accepted on a fixed timeline. Complete the online application form and submit resume and portfolio (depending on the position) at fcbcnyc.org. Only complete applications will be
- Optional cover letter should explain why the applicant wants to volunteer and should include but not limited to the applicant’s qualifications, education, affiliations, certifications, previous employment, references with contact information, and other information related to the position they are applying for.
- Applicants should NOT include their social security numbers or any other personal information in the application package. FCBC will never ask you for any information such as this via an online form for any reason if not highlighted by the CMD. If something comes out of the blue, chances are it’s not valid.
- Applications open January and remain open for 2 months.
- Applications close in March
- Selection & Interviews March-April
- First On-Boarding meeting in May
- Internship duties begin in June
To be eligible for YOURtern, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have a willingness to work and grow
- Be at least 16 years of age (18+ for College Credit)
- Be available on at least a part-time basis, for no less than two months
Selection will be made without regard to race, gender, creed, color, national origin, religion, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Have any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org