DIGITAL INTERNSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES
Digital Experience Intern
Do you like social media? Are you intentional about your posts? Have a keen eye for design and aesthetics? Are you a motivator? If so, you're in the right place. Their goal is to assist the Communications Department with all Social Media functions.
Virtual Experience Curator
Do you love social media? Are you organized and have an eye for creativity? The Virtual Experience Curator (VEC) Intern's job is to assist the Communications Department with all functions as it relates to organization-wide website, social media platforms, creative and media related duties.
Video Editing Intern
Have an eye for exciting graphics and compelling videos? Know how to make graphics come to life? Are you great at creating engaging visuals? If you answered yes, you might want to apply!
Graphic Design Intern
Have an eye for exciting graphics? Know how to make graphics come to life? Are you great at curating an eye-catching image? If you answered yes, you might want to apply for this one!
YOURtern (Digital Media Internship, 2020) Benefits
The Communications & Media Department (CMD) internships provide opportunities for students to acquire new skills and gain experience working with experts in the field of Multimedia Tech. This experience provides interns with the skills necessary to compete for positions within the real world and even in the private sector. Applicants are not restricted by G.P.A. or academic focus requirements but are encouraged to focus on school work and will be terminated from the internship if it distracts from school work –
this is not applicable for those whom have already graduated High School and/or College/University. This unpaid internship program also provides opportunities to network with those in the community and congregation – their work could possibly be streamed nationally, and globally. In addition, some colleges and universities give academic credit for the participation in an internship. College Students must provide the Communications Director with forms upon entry of the program to receive college credit if applicable.
How to Apply
Internship opportunities are available throughout the year. Applications are accepted on a fixed timeline. Complete the online application form and submit resume and portfolio (depending on the position) at fcbcnyc.org. Only completed applications will be considered.
- Optional cover letter should explain why the applicant wants to volunteer and should include but not limited to the applicant’s qualifications, education, affiliations, certifications, previous employment, references with contact information, and other information related to the position they are applying for.
- Applicants should NOT include their social security numbers or any other personal information in the application package. FCBC will never ask you for any information such as this via an online form for any reason if not highlighted by the CMD. If something comes out of the blue, chances are it’s not valid.
- Applications open May and remain open for a strict 2-week deadline.
- Applications close on May 31st, 2020
- Selection & Interviews | June 1st-June 5th, 2020
- Zoom Interviews for finalists | June 7th thru June 12th, 2020
- Intern Offers Sent | June 13th, 2020
- Virtual Onboarding Event and Orientation | June 15th, 2020
To be eligible for YOURtern, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have a willingness to work and grow
- Be at least 18 years old or older (For college credit please provide school)
Selection will be made without regard to race, gender, creed, color, national origin, religion, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Have any questions?
Email Dorian Hollingsworth, Senior Internship Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Digital Internship".